Nuna Mixx vs Cybex Priam — which would you choose?
What I like about both:
• I love the look.
• Reversible seat.
• One hand lay down seat.
• Easy fold.
• Flip flop friendly breaks.
• Large wheels that can handle all terrain.
• Bassinet/Carrycot available.
• XXL canopy.
• Higher end wheels
- Easy to drag on two wheels
- ski wheel replacements
- parasol available
- carrycot not sleep rated
- carrycot has very large mesh vents
- large seat
- fur liners available
- not very many accessories
- they stopped including rain shield in 2019 ($39)
- can’t tell if it comes with a bug net
- doesn’t seem like you can buy an adapter for other car seats in 2019?
- mesh back for summer
- magnetic clasps for everything
- extra hidden pocket in bassinet and storage area
- 2018 has a back pocket on seat but this was removed in 2019 for the breathable mesh back
- bassinet is sleep rated
- 50lb seat
- seat looks small
- convenient ways to remove... everything
- can fold with seat on facing front or back
- can pull behind you when folded like luggage
Why I ruled out others:
I ruled out Uppababy. I think it’s ugly compared to other luxury brands. It’s also known for bad wheels but they will replace them free. I also just really wanted something more customizable. Also wish it would lay flat. Love the magnetic peekaboo window but weird that it has a plastic cover so it’s not breathable. Weird that the new plaid version gets rid of the magnetic clasp but cool that it’s cashmere-esque. Love the flip flop friendly breaks and that it comes with a bassinet.
I love the Egg by BabyStyle but can’t seem to get it in the USA (I tried multiple retailers). This may be the nicest stroller I’ve seen but sigh I can’t purchase it.
Silver Cross Wave only comes in varying shades of gray. Plus hate the cheap looking silver frame. They have lots of other gorgeous options but I don’t want air tires.
Mima Xari - the canopy doesn’t look very big, lots of reviews about it being loud, tiny basket, the hard shell and leather was cool, extra large/heavy, but one of the prettiest and most customizable
Stokke- husband actually ruled this one out. It doesn’t fold very small. Doesn’t store upright. I love the idea of the baby sitting up close though. The older version footrest was weird.
Bugaboo - Hate the look. Overly wide. Very customizable but not in any pretty way that I can see and has their giant logo plastered everywhere.
Took our first breast feeding class last night. Learned a lot about latching and caring for the baby. It was a long class and I get pretty uncomfortable sitting still so, here is the shortened version. Baby should make a fish face with both upper and lower lip extended Baby's body should face Mom's body It may take practice and patience Watch videos online Sometimes it helps to rub the outer breast toward baby It's a great way to help build baby's immune system Breast feeding helps mom lose weight I'm not a breastfeeding coach or medical professional. Consult your doctor if you have questions.